This page lists the work I've done projects which haven't been announced and/or remain in early development. In time, projects listed here will (hopefully) graduate to garner full-fledged pages of their own.
Unannounced Sci-fi RPG
TBD | Status: ongoing development
New Archon Industries
• An epic science-fiction RPG being developed by New Archon Industries.
• As Lead Writer and Narrative Designer, I was responsible for:
(i) writing faction backgrounds (detailing history, culture, and motivations) and the methods of their delivery in the game,
(ii) all narrative arcs,
(iii) character names and descriptions, and
(iv) setting/POI names and descriptions.
May 2017 — July 2018
(to continue at a later date)
Labyrinth of Orius (WT)
Mobile | Status: ongoing development
A. Taylor (solo indie developer)
• Labyrinth of Orius (working title) is a fantasy mobile dungeon crawler with 8 playable characters whose lives crossed and connected in ways unknown to them, and who now stand trapped in an infested labyrinth full of monsters.
• As Writer, I conceived of the lore defining the game world's regions, across which the 8 playable characters are spread, to ground different schools of combat (i.e. styles of gameplay) with interesting histories.
• I also wrote the backgrounds and backstories of the characters in extended character sheets, which also detailed references for the art team to use in character design.
• Lastly I folded the interconnected lore and backstories together and composed as their method of delivery 250-word prose fragments, grouped into sets of 5 for each of the 8 characters, which reveal the secret of their connection when read together.
December 2016 — April 2017
PC | Status: paused
• Regal Arbor is a story-driven Action-RPG for PC marked by introspective narrative and a pixel-based art style. It follows the story of Maranym, the last known member of a disgraced dynasty in an archipelago of wildlands suspended on the branches of a massive and mysterious tree, as she comes to terms with the end of her family and faces the world outside her own, with the help of an amnesiac ally.
• As Lead Writer, I co-developed the game's lore and characters with the creative lead and wrote/maintained the extensive story bible.
• I also was responsible for constructing the game's modular core storylines in tandem with existing characters, levels, and evolving gameplay systems.
• The game's story development progressed as far as detailed outlines in the story bible, and a script for the game's prologue (which I since converted into a Twine story), as well as a few short stories written for community news updates.
September 2013 — April 2015 (periodic)